Xperience X-Zone

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Dude?!


I don’t care if I ever hear the word dude again. My wife and I sat watching the Olympics last night talking about how much they have changed over the years. I don’t know if it is because of pro-athletes or sports coverage of every sort imaginable on 30 different channels 24/7. But, the Olympics are just not what they used to be. What happened to the Dan Jansen’s of the world. Struggling come from behind athletes with everything to lose but the heart of a lion that pressed them forward despite overwhelming odds.

I know that I’m so let down. With every interview I see I’m more depressed that I ‘ve wasted time watching this year. Instead of competitors saying things like “I lost my Dad this year; Dad this gold is for you…” Now all we hear is “Dude, I nailed that kick flip off the upper end but my fakie 540 just wasn’t there man….Go figure.” I hope I haven’t been downer for all you Olympic hopefuls, if so, then “Sorry Dudes.” If your out there future Flo-Joes please train hard. We need our Olympic Games back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home