Xperience X-Zone

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Accidentally In Love (Edited for Content)



The song Accidentally In Love by Counting Crows makes me happy. So does Mr. Jones. Those guys have happy music to me. Those happy moments in the dry days of life are like summer breezes….refreshing.

I was reading in Psalms this morning. David is always talking about being happy. I started thinking about how many times a day I say mentally and verbally “Man, I’m tired.” It is kind of my catch phrase. Like Frank Costanza’s “Serenity now.” I started thinking what good does it do to tell myself and others I’m tired. What if I switched my catch phrase to “Man I’m …happy.” It wouldn’t change the world. But, it might change my tiny corner of it.

If this is all sounding a little too Joel Osteen for you then feel free to surf on over to Google and search for the latest dancing smiley face email or boy who looks likes a goat. If you are still here wouldn’t it be cool if we all traded our negative catch phase in on something positive. I’ve really been thinking this out this morning. I’ve thought about how I say carelessly to people that are around me daily “Man I’m tired.” They think nothing of it. We all say things like that. But what if I said “Man I’m happy”? How many people do you hear saying that? I wonder what they would say?

Well, here goes. I think I’ll try it. It will probably take me a couple of days of doing this silently before I have the guts to proclaim tidings of comfort and joy to people around me. Want to join me? Post your catch phrase, put a positive spin on it, and give me your new motto. This might turn into the next Pay It Forward. Or at least my Mom and Jeff Noble will read this and that will be it. Who knows? All I know is…. “Man I’m happy.”

2 Comments:

  • that is so awesome! i love it, man! i'll have to think on what mine will be... hmm...

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 7:11 PM  

  • It's a great idea! I believe if I met someone and they said, "I'm happy" it would brighten my whole day. I'm glad you wrote this one. Love, Mama

    By Anonymous Ann Parker, at 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home