Tag I'm It
1. List three words that describe your faith.
Genuine, Wavering, Always Hopeful
2. Describe one belief about which you are very certain and one belief with which you struggle.
I KNOW Jesus loves me! I struggle with all that predestined stuff.
3. What is your mission in life?
My mission is to communicate Jesus’ love and gift of a full and real life to a generation that sees God and church as totally irrelevant to their lives.
4. Describe one thing that interferes with you authentically living out your faith.
I’m self centered. (Is that one or two word’s…I’m too caught up in ME to check!)
5. What is your favorite story from the Hebrew Scriptures? Why?
It flips back and forth from David to Joseph. David because I relate better to him than anyone in Scripture. He had a heart for God but a lot of failures. I feel Ya, Dave! Joseph, because at the very lowest point in my life I was reading his story and I heard God speak tom me more clearly than ever, where Joseph said “You meant it for bad but God meant it for good.” (I cried to Jeff) (Check out Jeff’s answers at notes from the trail)
6. What is your favorite New Testament story? Why?
Maybe , Zacchaeus. I love when Jesus forgives big sinners like me and they still like other sinfull people, like Zacchaeus did.
7. Describe a meaningful action you took because of your faith.
When my wife and I left our last church to start something new. When we told our Pastor we were leaving we didn’t know how we would make a living.
8. Does your faith differ from that of your parents? If so, how?
My faith I think comes from what I’ve seen in my parents. They’re a little bit country I’m a little bit rock and roll.
9. Who or what was most important in the development of your faith.
When we moved back to
10. Pass it on! Tag at least two other religious/faith bloggers.
I’m out of the loop guys. But I will tag my brother Matt who claims he is not blogging at widebody just to get him to blog again (I need to laugh Matt). I don't know who else. I've got to start blogging again consistently.